My Profile

Recipe Index

Extra Tasty

Food Blog S'cool

Group Recipes

Recipes Live

Sticky Date

Taste Spotting

The Farm Chicks

What To Drink

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Anybody Up For Takeout?

Chinese food is one of those things I love but don't eat all that often. I've gotta have a craving for it, and I've found that sometimes I love making it myself. I'm no chinese food expert so I keep it simple. But hey, simple is good too right?

There are a few veggies that are a must in my homemade chinese dishes: onions, mushrooms and pineapple. Especially the pineapple, I love, love, love it in my stirfry dishes. I made this dish so long ago, gosh I can't even remember, but I came across the photo the other day so I decided to share this deliciousness. It can hardly be considered a recipe in my opinion, but definitely something I will make again and again. Oh and the potstickers? Delish! I buy them in the frozen food section at Costco. Just throw em in a skillet with a little water and a few tablespoons of oil, cover and let them cook til the water is all gone and you're ready to devour. And they come with a yummy dipping sauce.

Teriyaki Beef Stirfry


Make Your Own Chinese Takeout:
Teriyaki Beef Stirfry

Toasted sesame oil
1 lb of beef (I use the kind already sliced and meant for stirfrying.)
1 jar stirfry sauce of your choice (I use Kikkoman)
1 medium yellow onion
1 bell pepper
2 carrots
1 small can pineapple chunks, drained
4-8 small button mushrooms, cleaned

Thinly slice vegetables, set aside. Add oil to pan, enough to lightly coat bottom. Heat over medium-high heat, add meat and saute until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove meat to papertowel lined plate. Add more oil to pan, add bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Saute until bell pepper and onion are tender-crisp, add pineapple and return meat to pan. Pour stirfry sauce over ingredients and stir to coat. Allow sauce to heat through. Stir along side or over rice, and with potstickers, if desired.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Anybody Up For Takeout?"

 

Anonymous keemin said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Thanks for sharring this

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites