|Tis the season for peaches. You may remember a while back I made that gorgeous and absolutely delicious strawberry tart. Well I got a craving for one again recently, so I headed out to the neighborhood strawberry stand and guess what? It was gone! I don't know where on earth I've been but strawberry season here in North Carolina is officially OVER and peach season is in! |
With all the juicy and delicious peaches filling up this state right now, I just couldn't buy greenhouse strawberries in the grocery store from God knows where. But I was still craving that darn tart! What's a girl with fresh local peaches and a tart craving to do? I came up with the extremely delicous and summery "Peaches n Cream Tart".
Much to my disappointment, I discovered the Big Bad Dad doesn't like peaches, so he gave the tart no more than a nibble and it was all mine. Getting fat enough thanks to my recent birthday I had to get atleast half that tart outta here and fast or I would have eaten the whole thing and been all that much more plump - and it wouldn't have been pleasant! So after eating a couple slices myself I hauled it off to my taste testers and it received rave reviews.
Peaches n Cream Tart
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar, plus more to sprinkle on peaches
4-5 medium size ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1. Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, blend flour, butter, sugar, and salt until moist crumbs form (this may take up to 1 minute). Transfer dough to a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
2. With floured fingers, press dough evenly into pan and up sides. Dip a dry-measuring cup in flour, and use it to press dough firmly into bottom and against sides of pan. Freeze crust until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Using a fork, prick crust all over. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes, pressing down gently once or twice with a spoon during baking if crust puffs up. Cool completely in pan.
4. Make the filling: In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread mixture evenly in bottom of baked crust (still in tart pan).
5. Starting from outside edge, arrange peach slices, in tight concentric circles on cream cheese. Sprinkle peaches with sugar to suit your taste.
6. Chill in pan atleast 1 hour, up to 6 hours. Remove from pan before just serving.
- Dog Days of Summer
- Sample This!
- How the cookie really crumbles
- Worth Every Penny
- Move over Shortcake, there's a new Strawberry Chic...
- I'll gain more than a pound from this cake..
- Weekend Dog Blogging
- White Trash Wedding Cake
- MmMMmmMm Muffins!