Saturday, July 01, 2006

J-E-L-L-O!!

Just in time for those 4th of July cookouts and all these hot afternoons splashin around in the swimming pool, I thought I'd share with you a recent recipe I whipped up for the sweet toothed readers over at Sugar Savvy.

And NO it's not Jello, close! It's Jello Pudding Pops...remember those?? I absolutely loved them as a child. And although, I know ice cream becomes hugely popular during the spring and summer months, I begin to crave popsicles. I've always liked ice cream, but I've always LOVED popsicles. I eat one and for just a moment I feel like a kid again.



This recipe, if you can even call it a recipe is super simple and I swear to you, it tasts just like the real thing. I have one of those adorable popsicle mold kits, but that's not necessary. You can use small paper cups and popsicle sticks if you prefer.

Pudding Pops

1 (4 oz) package instant pudding mix, whatever flavor you prefer
2 cups cold milk

Pour milk into a small bowl, and add pudding mix. With a small whisk, whisk together for about 2 minutes. Pour mixture into popsicle molds or paper cups. If using paper cups insert popsicle sticks. Place in freezer until completely frozen, about 4 hours atleast.

Makes 8 popsicles.

Comments on "J-E-L-L-O!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 AM) : 

I'd totally forgotten about those but I loved them as a kid too. Forget the paper cups though. By the time my brothers and sister and I were old enough to make our own we just each mixed up our own bowl, plopped a spoon in it, froze the whole thing, and then ate it all, all by ourselves out on the backporch.

Of course now as an adult, it's not that the idea doesn't still appeal to me, it's just that there's an adult voice in my head saying "How many calories are IN a whole box of pudding?" Hmmm...and it's not even that I care how many exact calories, it's more of a question wonderinf if I could still get away with eating the whole pudding bowl-pop, or would it just seem greedy as an adult?

Things that make you go "hmmmm..."

 

Blogger Cate said ... (11:27 PM) : 

Mmmm, plan on making these this weekend. Nicholas will be thrilled.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

Hello. I run an emagazine for women. And would like to post this article on my site. We will provide 3 links back to your site on the post itself, the appropriate category and guest contributors (on the front page). Please send me a quick email if you are interested! Thanks!

 

Blogger Watts family said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Thank you!! I ran out of Kool-aid for regular popsicles and found pudding instead. My kids can't wait for them to set! I'm also going to try the sugar free pudding today.

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites