Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Puffs

I get the free Food & Family magazine from Kraft & have for years. I've found tons of great & super easy recipes, but honestly never really used many of them. I was flipping through some old issues a couple weeks ago looking for new & tasty ideas when I came across a recipe for "Cream Cheese Clouds", which were canned biscuits stuffed with a chunk of cream cheese that was dipped in cinnamon sugar. Sounded pretty tasty, not to mention easy, so I tried it. Except y'all know, me being me I had to put my own little twist on it.

Cream Cheese Puffs


Cinnamon Cream Cheese Puffs

1 can reduced fat cresent rolls
1/2 package (4oz) cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375. Combine cinnamon and sugar in small bowl. Seperate cresent rolls. Dip cream cheese cube in milk, then cinnamon sugar to coat evenly. Place in center of cresent, fold corners in and press edges together. Place on foil lined baking sheet. Repeat with all 8 cresents. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Comments on "Cinnamon Cream Cheese Puffs"

 

Blogger purplecupcake said ... (10:07 PM) : 

I get those mags, too! I love 'em! This recipe is almost too easy, just right up my alley. Will give it a try!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Holy cow - these sound fabulous.

 

Blogger Culinarily Obsessed said ... (1:12 PM) : 

lol good luck Eric, from what you've told me it won't be too hard to tick her off.. I just made another batch & I'm dying to dig into one now.

I've got eggs boiling, gonna try my hand at egg salad, so stay tuned to find out how that comes out!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Wow, very nice blog! I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

These sound really good, but I'm curious what your twist on the recipe is?

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites