Friday, March 03, 2006

Pretty Cupcakes & Sugary Updates

Sugary Goodness


I feel like I should be apologizing to all of you for being so neglectful, but life has been so busy lately. And I honestly haven't had time to make that much. Today I made some more chocolate chip cookies and some chocolate St. Patty's Day cookies, but those can hardly count because all I had to do was take the dough from the freezer and preheat the oven. Last weekend I made a super easy broccoli casserole and a batch of mint brownies, both for the March issue of Good Things. And for this week's recipe over at Sugar Savvy I made this really yummy candy called "Not Your Average Chocolate Bark". When you get time head over there and check it out. I swear it isn't what you're thinking it is.

And no, I didn't make that almost-too-pretty-to-eat cupcake in the pic. But that gorgeous little cupcake is part of my really cool to me news, and part of the explanation as to why I haven't been in MY kitchen baking the week away. I've been in someone elses kitchen baking the week away. Last week I had this cute little bakery introduced to me that's been right under my nose all along, and I've been there helping out this week. Hoping I can learn great things in the world of baking and cake decorating from some pros who have been at it alot longer than I have. Things are going great! They are super busy right now, so there's alot of decorating going on, and let me tell you - these ladies have got some SKILLS!!

I'm dying to get back in my kitchen and get back to baking for my big bad dad and the rest of the family, so if all goes as planned I'll have some yummies to report to y'all soon!

Comments on "Pretty Cupcakes & Sugary Updates"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I'm so jealous!I would love to be working in a bakery.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

That IS a pretty cupcake!

 

Blogger Mona said ... (7:50 PM) : 

i hear you sister. i've fallen way behind on posting as frequently as i'd like. that cupcake does look fabulous though, even if it isn't yours...helping out at a bakery? that's so nice of you! :)

 

Blogger Blog Intro said ... (10:58 AM) : 

This Blog will be Introduced on BlogIntro.com today!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Hey welcome back! Don't apologize, it sounds you're having such a great time in the kitchen, rock it, girl!
just come and say hi every so often :)

 

Blogger jasmine said ... (9:23 PM) : 

Hey

No need to apologize -- you have a lot on your plate. We all go dark once in a while...

Just glad you are back :)

j

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites