Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lovely Labels and Groovy Gadgets

Wow, I feel like I've been away from y'all for ages! I apologize if anyone is feeling neglected, although I doubt that's the case..lol I've got something in the works that I've been keeping pretty busy with. For all you curious kids out there, I will update you in a day or so. I would do it now, but y'all know how much I like to talk, if I get into it now I'll be here all night and I don't have that kinda energy or time at the moment..lol

stamp_100excellentI found a couple cool things in the local newspaper yesterday I thought I would share with y'all. First off, the Whole Grain Council is now offering food makers a nifty new way to help consumers quickly and easily identify those foods which are a good source of whole grain, by providing them with a whole grain stamp for product packages. Unfortunately this label isn't required so you're still going to have to read labels, but you'll know for sure you've got a good source of whole grain when you see this label.


Good%20LOVE%20Bites%20PhotoNext up is this groovy little gadget from Good Bites that cuts the crust off your sandwiches in 1 easy step. There are 4 cutters to choose from at $3.99 each. They make a cutter that cuts the sandwich into a circle, and a cutter that cuts the sandwich into a heart. A HEART!!! How cool is that?? I want them just so I can have heart shaped sandwiches my darn self! Just google Good Bites and you'll find numerous sites that sell the cutters. The article says they are available at Mom Inventors, but when I went there I was directed to , which sells them.

Comments on "Lovely Labels and Groovy Gadgets"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I never expected a heart-shaped sandwich to make me smile. I love that photo!

Hey, Miss Jaay, THANKS for the goodies! I'm eating the cookies right now! (Breakfast of champions) and the marshmallows look so wonderful, I am impressed :) It was a great post-Valentine treat to get in the mail.

Hope you are well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

My son would love that.He doesn't eat the crust,so I am forever chopping them off.
Emily
http://madmommychronicles.typepad.com/biscuits_and_blues/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 PM) : 

I can never resist a new kitchen gadget! Too cute!

 

Blogger elizabeth said ... (5:42 PM) : 

you know shaped cookie cutters work great on the sandwiches also! i've been known to serve a batty halloween cheese sandwich.

great blog :)

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites