Friday, February 17, 2006

A Toast To The Birthday Boy - 100 Years Young!

Happy Birthday Hot Stuff!

No, no, no. I haven't pulled an Anna Nicole Smith & started dating some old guy. Eh as if! I'm simply celebrating the 100th anniversary of one of the worlds most warming small appliances - the toaster. No worries I won't bore you with tons of toaster facts or a timeline on the evolution of the toaster. It wouldn't be much of a timeline, as they haven't changed so much in the last 50 years or so. But why mess with a good thing right? I will say this...

toasterWe all talk about comfort foods right? Well, according to the Grains Food Foundation, toast is the world's first comfort food. They also conducted a poll that found more than half of America would supposedly choose toast over candy in the morning. A third of Americans would choose toast over chocolate in the morning - yes CHOCOLATE!!! And get this..1 in 10 would prefer to start the morning with toast instead of sex! Yes, ladies and gentleman, you read it here. So when your mate gives you the brush off in the morning, chances are they're headed for the toaster. I know I'll never look at mine the same again.

So have you hugged your toaster today??

Comments on "A Toast To The Birthday Boy - 100 Years Young!"

 

Blogger jasmine said ... (1:12 AM) : 

I remember a few years ago how our toaster died. I was lost. I tried to make do with toasting slices of bread in a cast iron skillet...actually, that wasn't too bad...it led to a fried bread phase...anyway, I was really happy when a real toaster came back into the household...

j

 

Anonymous Thefinancialfox said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Loveely post

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites