Monday, April 10, 2006

Mermaids & the Fabulous Four Year Old

It's been quite a while since I've posted any cake photos. Heck it seems like it's been ages since I've even made a cake. Now that I'm looking back over the photos I have to share, they aren't all that great, but my camera was giving me problems, so I'll have to make due with what I have since the cake is no more.

Anyway, my absolutely adorable niece turned 4 last week. She's developed this crazy love of mermaids. We can't quite figure out where it came from, but she just had to have a mermaid cake for her birthday. I missed out on the party, but from what I heard the cake was an over the top hit. I'm crossing my fingers that will score me a new client or two.

Mermaid Birthday Cake
Mermaid Birthday Cake
Mermaid Birthday Cake

It's a yellow cake, with buttercream. The mermaid's top is buttercream, her lower body is made of fondant, the shells on the side of the cake are also fondant. And the sand on the island is vanilla wafer crumbs.

Comments on "Mermaids & the Fabulous Four Year Old"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

What a great job!It looks amazing.

 

Blogger jasmine said ... (10:36 PM) : 

How adorable :)

j

 

Blogger Sara said ... (12:44 AM) : 

i love it! what an excellent cake.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Congrats on the WellFed gig! Sounds like a good amount of work, but I know that you can do it. Anyone who makes a mermaid cake is a superwoman in my book. I SO could've used one when I was 4!

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites