Wednesday, April 26, 2006

MmMMmmMm Muffins!

What do you do when life gives you almost rotten bananas?? You make banana muffins! Yeah, I've been known to buy produce on more than one occassion, only to have it spoil before I finally decide on a use for it. Generally, I buy bananas in two's so that this doesn't happen, but last week I assured myself that a third banana would not go to waste - afterall I was craving them.

Two bananas eaten, one left to rot, I found myself making Donna Hay's Banana and Cinnamon Muffins. The recipe is easy, relatively healthy and yummy! I used fat free sour cream, and a mixture of whole wheat and all-purpose flour. I also sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top of the batter before baking for a delicious touch!

Freshly baked cinnamon banana muffins


Banana Cinnamon Muffins

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 brown sugar, packed
1 cup fat free sour cream
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 banana, mushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together, then stir in sugars until combined.

Place sour cream, eggs, and oil in seperate bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir the sour cream mixture through the flour mixture until just combined. Gently stir in mashed banana, careful not to overmix.

Spray 12 medium muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, fill 2/3 way full. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean.

Optional: Sprinkle muffin tops with a bit of cinnamon sugar before baking.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "MmMMmmMm Muffins!"

 

Blogger Valentina said ... (11:32 AM) : 

I have a real weakness for bananas in baked goods.

 

Blogger Cate said ... (9:19 PM) : 

We always have that banana problem here. Tomorrow is Nigella's Banana Bread (can't go wrong with rum-soaked raisins!) and In Your Face Banana Bread. Yum.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

oh, how wonderful these would be with a nice creamy cup of coffee - yum!

 

Blogger shaz said ... (11:32 PM) : 

yummy combi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

Hi Jaay:
Great site. I like your writing style -- very interesting. I suggest that you crop your pictures closer so that your readers can see your pictures better. BTW, I have blogrolled you. Again, great job and will visit often.

 

Blogger purplecupcake said ... (2:13 AM) : 

This is really a classic! I love banana baked goods.

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites