My Profile

Recipe Index

Extra Tasty

Food Blog S'cool

Group Recipes

Recipes Live

Sticky Date

Taste Spotting

The Farm Chicks

What To Drink

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tasty Tiramisu

Love tiramisu? I do! I can hardly resist the stuff, but until the other day I've never made any myself. I found an easy and tempting recipe in Everyday Food's gorgeous new cookbook Great Food Fast. It only took me about 20 minutes to make the tiramisu, add to that an hour to chill and it couldn't have been much easier. Not to mention this version required very few ingredients so if you're looking for an easy, inexpensive dessert to wow guests with at your next dinner party this might just be it.

Easy Tiramisu


Easy Tiramisu

3 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
3 Tbsp. boiling water
1 package (8 oz) reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. sugar
2 packages (3oz each) soft ladyfingers
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting

1. In a medium heat-proof bowl, mix the espresso powder with the boiling water until dissolved. Add 1 1/2 c. cold water;set aside.

2. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.

3. Spread a few Tbsp. of the cream-cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. Seperate the ladyfingers. One by one, dip a third of the ladyfingers in the espresso, then arrange in the bottom of the serving dish. Spread with a third of the cream-cheese mixture. Repeat twice with the remaining ladyfingers, espresso and cream-cheese mixture. The tiramisu can be refrigerated, covered for up to 1 day.

4. Dust with cocoa just before serving.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Tasty Tiramisu"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Hi! This tiramisu looks wonderful. My boyfriend and I have been talking about making one. We will try this recipe this weekend. I am glad you are doing better. :-) I will let you know how it comes out!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 AM) : 

Hi, I am soooooo glad that you have posted this Eggless Recipe! I have always wanted to try it out, but the idea of all those RAW eggs had put me off. Vegeterians will love this. Tiramisu, here I come! Thanks for sharing, Regards from Malaysia. S.E.Asia,
Mrs Singh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Hi Jaay D,

I am writing to inform you about Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale, a national campaign that mobilizes Americans to help end childhood hunger by having a bake sale in their community. Now in its’ fourth year, over 1 million people have participated in the campaign to aid the 12 million children in America who are at risk of hunger. The campaign, which runs through August, was recently promoted by celebrity chef Rachael Ray on ABC.

Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale offers a unique way for you to connect with your readers about the severity of childhood hunger in America while providing them with a simple and fun way of how they can fight it. Perhaps you can include information about the campaign in a section of this blog?

I was unable to find an email in which to contact you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and I can provide you more information about the campaign.

Thank you,

Mercedes Bent
Share Our Strength
mbent@strength.org
(800) 761- 4227
202-393-2925 ex 6510

 

Blogger Leah said ... (1:32 PM) : 

I just stumbled upon your blog yesterday, and am really liking it! This recipe looks delicious, BTW. Thanks for posting it! I'll be back ~ I'd like to go back through some of your archives when I have time. =)

 

Anonymous Collin Sanchez said ... (12:26 AM) : 

Nice blog thanks for posting

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites