|Love tiramisu? I do! I can hardly resist the stuff, but until the other day I've never made any myself. I found an easy and tempting recipe in Everyday Food's gorgeous new cookbook Great Food Fast. It only took me about 20 minutes to make the tiramisu, add to that an hour to chill and it couldn't have been much easier. Not to mention this version required very few ingredients so if you're looking for an easy, inexpensive dessert to wow guests with at your next dinner party this might just be it.|
3 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
3 Tbsp. boiling water
1 package (8 oz) reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. sugar
2 packages (3oz each) soft ladyfingers
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
1. In a medium heat-proof bowl, mix the espresso powder with the boiling water until dissolved. Add 1 1/2 c. cold water;set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Spread a few Tbsp. of the cream-cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. Seperate the ladyfingers. One by one, dip a third of the ladyfingers in the espresso, then arrange in the bottom of the serving dish. Spread with a third of the cream-cheese mixture. Repeat twice with the remaining ladyfingers, espresso and cream-cheese mixture. The tiramisu can be refrigerated, covered for up to 1 day.
4. Dust with cocoa just before serving.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
- How cute..
- Back In Action
- We've Come A Long Way Baby!
- Happy Birthday Cupcake!
- Well that's just peachy!
- Dog Days of Summer
- Sample This!
- How the cookie really crumbles
- Worth Every Penny