Sunday, December 18, 2005

We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog for this announcement.

For once I'm gonna keep it short and as always I'm going to try to keep it sweet. My mixer is running 90 miles an hour nearly 24 hours a day and we no longer need the furnace on, the oven is heating the house just fine. Ok, maybe I'm going overboard a bit. But I have definitely whipped myself into a holiday baking & cooking frenzy. I can't lie - I love every second of it! Each morning I wake up almost giddy with thoughts of what culinary bliss the day ahead entails, and that part I'm seriously NOT going overboard with. Pinky swear.

I just wanted to check in and let you guys know I will be back in a few days when all my foodie gift boxes have been sent out the door. No worries, I will have lots of photos along with plenty of sweet details. I know we're all in a baking frenzy right now and the Christmas cookie baking started loooong ago, but for the last minute bakers and those of you still in search of new cookie recipes check out this site I read about in the Charlotte Observers food section on Wednesday. http://www.christmas-cookies.com Thanks to Canadian cookie fanatic and web designer Mimi Cummins we all have access to a website devoted strictly to CHRISTMAS COOKIES!! The site provides you with over 400 recipes, baking tips and a bullentin board for discussions.

And for those of you short on time or baking challenged Betty Crocker is here to help, with more cookie recipes, only these have minimal steps and require very few ingredients in addition to the Betty Crocker cookie mixes. The cookies look so festive and cute. Check em out!

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

Comments on "We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog for this announcement."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Thanks for the cookie links!

 

Blogger Mona said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Ha!! Sounds like you're having fun!! Good for you and the cooking for Christmas extravaganza. What do you put in your gift boxes..cookies?
Have a great couple of days!

 

Blogger Cindy said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Thanks for the link !

 

Blogger jasmine said ... (2:56 PM) : 

I thoroughly understand...

Just ended three weeks of baking--the friends and family are happy, but I'm pooped...and realised this week I didn't get to the fruitcakes...oh well.

Couldn't find an email addy on your site -- when you have a second, send me a note at cardamomaddict at gmail dot com -- gotta q for you.

j

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

sounds like you're having alot of fun, best of luck with the kitchen creations!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (9:03 PM) : 

I love when the oven heats the house. It is such a homey feeling! Enjoy your baking fun!

 

Blogger little pomelo said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Have fun baking!
And giving those cookies as gifts is where most pleasures come...!

 

Blogger Deborah said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Love the christmas cookie link...Thank you

I will be even more ready next year.....

Baking with such Gusto...I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Hi Jaay! Just dropping by to say Merry Xmas and Happy New Year--I'm going to take a break from blogging for a week or so. But I'm not nearly as industrious as you--just taking a break. Can't wait to see what you've been baking!

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites