Sunday, December 11, 2005

My 1st Meme: Top 10 Favorite Foods

Tag I'm it!! I was tagged by Alice for my first ever Meme. How exciting! This is such a fun meme, and one that seems to be flying through the blogosphere faster than you can say chocolate cake. Pretty fast huh?

I actually thought this would be much easier than it was. Took me some pondering to decide what foods really are my favorites. My list isn't in any particular order, but without further ado ladies and gentlemen...

macncheese 1. Mac & cheese. Give it to me from a box or fresh from the oven baked in a casserole dish, I'll eat em both eagerly. Simply put I love mac & cheese. And truthfully I think it tastes better using the cute little elbow noodles.

boiled_new_potatoes 2. Potatoes - I like em boiled, baked, fried, hash browned, roasted or mashed. I'm definitely a carb lovin kinda girl.

bananas2 3. Bananas - I rarely eat them plain, although I like them that way. My favorite way to eat them is sandwiched between fresh soft white bread with some Duke's mayo. Or in a nice cold, fresh 'nana puddin. Heavenly!

image-chocolate 4. Chocolate - In my diet, and I use the term very loosely, chocolate is a food group all by itself. Chocolate & I have had a love affair for as long as I can remember. I love the simple and inexpensive just as much as the decadent gourmet stuff. That's right, I'll devour almost anything Hershey's just as quickly as I will something Scharrfen Berger.

coffee%20beans 5. Coffee - I went back and forth about including this on my list because true, coffee is not a food, but actually it sometimes is. I mean people do eat coffee beans yanno? Not me though..a tad too bitter for me. Coffee is a daily experience for me and I love it in so many different things. A steaming cup with my breakfast in the morning, or my dessert at night. Never black though, always with plenty of sugar and cream. Espresso truffles?? Heavenly!! Mocha Java brownies, to die for!! Latte ice cream, the best thing since, well lattes. I don't much care for Starbucks coffee though, but I haven't found another place that actually knows how to make a latte.

pizza 6. Pizza - We go waaaay back, it's always been a favorite for me. Thick crust, thin crust, homemade or delivery. I love it all. Pepperoni, supreme, anything but just cheese please. The one I really crave for though? BBQ Chicken Pizza..I've been hooked since that first bite at California Pizza Kitchen.

PeanutButter 7. Peanut Butter. I prefer creamy to crunchy, but I'll eagerly eat either one. On crackers, or between bread with jelly. In cookies or paired with chocolate to make peanut butter cups. Heck just give me a jar and a spoon, I won't complain. And one can't forget my delicious boiled PEANUT BUTTER cookies!!

redvelvet 8. Red Velvet Cake - In all it's pure southern decadence. It was an addiction at first bite.

icecream 9. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - Truth be told, it doesn't even have to be ice cream. I haven't tasted a single thing that was chocolate & mint that I didn't love. But for as long as I can remember I have loved mint chocolate chip ice cream, and I'm not even a big ice cream eater. It's just something about that amazing flavor combo that I love.

breads 10. Bread - The southern girl in me loves cornbread and buttermilk biscuits. The carb lover in me just loves bread period! I eat bagels(onion) and english muffins(whole wheat) like they're going out of style. Focaccia, ciabatta, baguettes, just give me bread for pete's sake..please.

cheese-pic 11. Cream Cheese - I know I know. It's supposed to be my 10 favorite foods, but let me have this one please?? I told you I love bread right?? How can I eat bagels or english muffins without cream cheese?? And red velvet cake without cream cheese frosting??? Please lord no.

I tag my dear darling Alicat over at Something So Clever, and Jennifer over at Fallen Souffle, whom I don't actually know, but I saw her blog recently & I dig it That will be all for now =) And I'm coming back in to add Heather over at Eating For One.

Comments on "My 1st Meme: Top 10 Favorite Foods"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

You know...I really, really, really love mac and cheese, too...funny I didn't think of that myself. Maybe I should have 11 items, too. ;) Thanks for playing!

 

Blogger Heather said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I have to agree with the BBQ chicken pizza. I tried this in Vegas and was very skeptical and ended up loving it!! The nearest CPK to me is about an hour away so I don't get it much, but it sure is good. We should really try to make this ourselves.

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (11:14 AM) : 

good list! :) thanks for the tag!
I ended up picking way more than 10 tho... :D lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

From one carb-loving girl to another: Bravo!

Heather and Jaay--Does your grocery store carry the CPK pizzas in the frozen section? We have large, small and thin crust. Not cheap, but worth it.

Have you seen the mint/choc holiday M&Ms?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Red velvet! That must be my inner-Southerner coming out, because I can't get enough of it. I went to a party where there red velvet cupcakes and I ate the whole plate by myself. Graceful, I know.

Speaking of holiday candy, Hershey's kisses now come with Cherry Cordial filling...strangely good!

 

Blogger Culinarily Obsessed said ... (11:06 PM) : 

lol Yes Vanessa, that's definitely your inner-Southerner coming out..I'm so proud of you!! lol

I've seen those new Hershey's kisses you're talking about..haven't tried them tho. It seems there's all kinds of new holiday candy's coming out this year. My tastebuds may soon go into overload..or my pants will start bursting at the seams..God I hope not!! lol

 

Blogger Cindy said ... (8:47 AM) : 

I truly love chocolat but more than anything I love chocolate mint ice cream. I love that so much, I don't eat other ice creams.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Mmmmmmm ... mac & cheese! A great hangover meal, by the way! Great list!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

It was so hard to narrow down my favorites! We have alot of the same likes though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Have you tried the Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream? It's like Cookies & Cream, but mint. AWESOME!!

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites