Friday, December 02, 2005

Small Fry

Dinner was totally YUM-O & delish tonight!! I made grilled burgers stuffed with cheddar cheeese & oven fries. My first time stuffing the burgers with cheese, the concept was good. Outcome? Not so good. The burgers were totally tasty, but next time I will definitely use a less greasy cheese as the cheddar totally ran out of the burgers as they were grilling.

The fries were what totally excited me. They were completely last minute. Normally I would just do burgers with store-bought chips, but I had some baking potatoes in the crisper & wanted to do something a little different so I didn't feel like I was being a total slacker yanno? lol The fries are definitely not something you can do in a quick Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meal kinda way, took me more like 45 minutes. Just wash your potatoes, slice them into even size slices, parboil for about 5-10 minutes to cut down on your oven time. Drain & put them on the baking sheet, drizzle with some EVOO, add a little salt and the seasoning of your choice. I used a small amount of seasoned salt & some sea salt. Toss potatoes to cover evenly with oil & seasoning. Bake them in a 450 degree oven for about 30 minutes - depending on the size of your potato slices. I stirred them halfway thru cooking so they wouldn't stick to the pan & would cook more evenly. Totally simple!!

Comments on "Small Fry"

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Mmmm...sounds like it takes a bit of time, but its probably worth it. They look really tasty! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

The best cheese to stuff in your burger is mozarella. It is especially good when you serve a giant juicy summer tomato on your burger too.

If you cut your potatoes in planks to boil for ten minutes, drain and drizzle the olive oil onto them while they're still hot. Then bake. Season last.

 

Blogger Culinarily Obsessed said ... (3:06 PM) : 

ah..thanx for the tips pbev. I definitely learned cheddar wasn't the best cheese for stuffing the burgers. Mozarella isn't so greasy, so I'm sure it is a much better cheese for stuffing.

I will have to try your method on the potatoes & compare. =)

 

Blogger Gini said ... (8:50 PM) : 

Nice way of presenting the fries...

 

Anonymous Chicken Recipes said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Appreciate your blog poost

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites