My Profile

Recipe Index

Extra Tasty

Food Blog S'cool

Group Recipes

Recipes Live

Sticky Date

Taste Spotting

The Farm Chicks

What To Drink

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nutty for Cookies

soft & chewy peanut butter cookies 003


With my ginormous sweet tooth I love, love, love cookies. The choco-holic in me tends toward chocolate chip cookies, especially MY chocolate chip cookies. My Big Bad Dad aka Mr. Picky Eater on the other hand is a sucker for peanut butter cookies. He doesn't have nearly the sweet tooth that I have, but when there's peanut butter cookies in the house he can't walk by the jar without eating one.

I dig the cute little criss-cross pattern that you see on almost all peanut butter cookies, but I don't like that crumbly texture that many peanut butter cookie recipes yield. So, long ago I decided that if they're going to be the much requested cookie around our house I need to find a recipe that suits me. After numerous tries, all of which were edible, some I considered promising even, but most of which weren't worth blogging or making a second time, I found the one.

From the tempting dessert cookbook Caprial's Desserts I tried and loved Caprial's mom's peanut butter cookie recipe. The cookies are sweet, soft and chewy. They're totally F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S I tell ya. The only change I made was to add a cup of peanut butter chips, which for us is a must in any peanut butter cookie.

I've been making these cookies for some time now, several years probably, and have been meaning to blog them, but slacked off and never did. My apologies for depriving you lovely readers of such delicious cookies. And my thanks to Marco for prodding me for this recipe, thus prompting me to get off my butt and share it with everything.

Doubley Peanut Buttery Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup cold unsalted butter, diced
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter (NOT natural and I prefer chunky)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Place the butter and both sugars in the bowl of a mixer and beat on high, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer on low, add the eggs and vanilla, then add the peanut butter and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low until all ingredients are incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and mix just until the dough is smooth. Stir in peanut butter chips.

Using a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop, form the dough into 1/2 inch balls and place on the prepared pan. Flatten dough balls with a fork. Bake just until golden brown about 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a rack and let cool completely.

Yield: approximately 48 cookies

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "Nutty for Cookies"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I can never have enough variations of chocolate chip cookies!

 

Blogger Culinarily Obsessed said ... (9:34 PM) : 

Yanno, if I didn't love my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe so much I'd agree with you, but I love it so much I can't bring myself to vary it. In fact, I think I'll have a cookie right now! =)

 

Blogger Abby said ... (1:10 AM) : 

I ADORE peanut-butter cookies - all kinds, crumbly, chewy, you name it!

I might have to make some soon. Brad loves them, so I know he'll approve. And all I've wanted these last few months is sugar! Baby must have a sweet tooth!

 

Anonymous وصفات طبخ said ... (10:00 AM) : 

niceee

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites