My Profile

Recipe Index

Extra Tasty

Food Blog S'cool

Group Recipes

Recipes Live

Sticky Date

Taste Spotting

The Farm Chicks

What To Drink

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Snickety Snickerdoodles

I'm a sucker for a good cookie, and I'm always craving the adventure of a new recipe. I remember eating snickerdoodles as a kid, but my experience with them was minimal. Snickerdoodles just weren't a cookie we had around my house. I remember them as buttery, soft and chewy with a wonderful crispness on the outside from the cinnamon sugar that coats them. I've seen the recipe for "Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles" over and over on allrecipes. When I see a recipe with a high rating from a huge number of people I figure it's probably pretty good and worth giving a try.

Overall I was pretty happy, they had a nice flavor, but weren't as buttery as I would like. I made an adjustment to the cinnamon sugar mixture. When mixing it looked like there wasn't nearly enough sugar so I doubled the amount and found that was perfect for me. I also refrigerated the dough for about 30 minutes before prepping it for the oven, since I was going to be rolling it in my hands I thought that would be a good idea.
Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles


Snickety Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place
2 inches apart on ungreased or parchment lined baking sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets to cooling rack.

Makes approximately 48 cookies

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "Snickety Snickerdoodles"

 

Anonymous noble pig said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Snickerdoodles are my son's favorite cookie, I'll have to try these. I'm sure he would love them.

 

Blogger far said ... (6:03 PM) : 

foodtube.net Find a Video Recipe, or Add Your Own

Hello,

We would like to introduce our website, http://www.foodtube.net/ It's similar to youtube except that it's all food videos. You can find video recipes from many countries around the world. You can also add your own video, or star in your own! Thanks for checking out the website. Please spread the word. Have fun!

Team foodtube.net
info@foodtube.net

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites