Sunday, May 18, 2008

Good Tastin' and Good Lookin'

I'm pulling one from the archives with this recipe. Ask me why I haven't shared these muffins with y'all yet and I couldn't tell you, let alone could I explain why I haven't baked them since that first time way back when. Perhaps it's my curiousity and endless search for something better that's kept them from being a repeat. I love a good blueberry muffin. The sweetness mixed with the slight tartness of the blueberries. Paired with a cup of coffee you've got the perfect breakfast, but accompanied by a glass of milk you've also got a great afternoon snack.

I haven't eaten these blueberry muffins in a long while, but I don't know off hand of anyway they could be improved upon, unless you add a sprinkling of struesel on top, but that would take away from the picture perfectness of these "Really Good Blueberry Muffins". Maybe it's the baker in me paired with the blogger in me, but I find eminent satisfaction in those times when I bake something that is not only delicious but also makes you say, "Wow, that looks good!" And, I think this is one of those recipes.

Unfortunately, I have no idea the original source. But, I'm thinking I may have possibly gotten the recipe from The Ultimate Muffin Book, I can't swear to it though. Regardless, if you like blueberry muffins, give these a try.

blueberry muffins


Really Good Blueberry Muffins

1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. milk
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. blueberries
2 Tbsp flour

Sift together (1 3/4 cup) flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, set aside. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in egg and milk until smooth. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix just until moist. Lightly toss blueberries with 2 Tbsp flour, and gently fold into batter. Fill well-greased or paper lined muffin tins nearly full.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "Good Tastin' and Good Lookin'"

 

Blogger Abby said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Now THOSE muffins look like good eating! Sugar! Cute plate, too.

 

Blogger giz said ... (8:40 AM) : 

The insanity with blueberries is very strong here - I always keep an extra package of frozen blueberries around just in case a new blueberry anything comes up. Thank you for catering to my obsession.

 

Blogger Ali said ... (8:32 PM) : 

jaay -- i don't have your email address. email me at my old email, and i'll email back with my new address. toodles!

old email: divinedomesticity [at] gmail [dot] com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message to visit our blog. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Yummy! You should check out the website www.behindtheburner.com for tips and tricks on all things culinary.

 

Blogger Lyns said ... (9:39 AM) : 

nice recipe

 

Anonymous Ares said ... (2:27 PM) : 

a really good muffin is a cranberry orange muffin....so yummy. substitute blueberrys for cranberrys and add some orange zest.

 

Anonymous Download Music said ... (2:28 PM) : 

my children LOVE muffins, they are a permanent staple in my house. But i must admit, most of the time they come from a box...i know i know lol

 

Blogger allan Gering said ... (4:24 AM) : 

I love muffins. It's looks really Good Blueberry Muffins. And you may have possibly gotten the recipe from The Ultimate Muffin Book.
_____________
Alargamiento Pene

 

Anonymous uk domain names said ... (11:51 AM) : 

these really look soooo nice. I'm rubbish at cooking but looking for some recipes for my friend - will pass it on!

 

Anonymous dapnhe sy said ... (1:47 AM) : 

thank you for catering to one of my obcessions. I'll definitely try this recipe and share it to kaye:)

 

Anonymous Karachi said ... (8:38 AM) : 

HI

Great information and the sweetness mixed with the slight tartness of the blueberries. Paired with a cup of coffee you've got the perfect breakfast, but accompanied by a glass of milk you've also got a great afternoon snack.


James…
Maths private tutor

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 PM) : 

this blog is always so great - yall should check out Extreme Chef it looks awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3J824ZuGXA

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites