Thursday, October 27, 2005

Gettin in the mood...

Uhhh no!! This is NOT that kinda blog..and I'm not gettin in that kinda mood..if I was I certainly wouldn't blog about it..lol

I'm getting in the festive Halloween mood!!! Which is really odd for me because I've never been big on Halloween, even as a kid. I guess as a small child I got pretty excited about the whole experience..the idea of dressing up excited me but when it came down to it, I never had some really cool, totally homemade elaborate costume...we never went all out practically turning our front yard into a haunted house. Many kids don't right?? Well true, but I think that's what it would have taken for me to get all gung-ho about Halloween. Well this year is quite the opposite..or so you'd think if you've been around my kitchen lately. Let's run down the list of Halloween goodies I've slaved over..err I mean baked within the last week...

  1. Halloween cookies decorated with royal icing
  2. Halloween mini-cupcakes
  3. Pumpkin cakes

I started of the baking frenzy with the chocolate cookies. I used all my halloween cookie cutters & tried the most yummy recipe for chocolate cut-out cookies. A perfect substitute for using the standard ol sugar cookie. The cupcakes were just chocolate with butter cream that I colored orange & I topped them off with chocolate sprinkles. I was very pleased with how cute they came out..and extra excited when I saw one of my flickr photos on Cupcakes Take the Cake's blog..that was pretty cool..I was giggling & pointing at my monitor for a good 2 minutes when I saw my cupcakes posted on their blog..ah but I digress..lol

And the pumpkin cakes..I bought the cutest Wilton pan on eBay & received it last week, just in time to try it out for halloween. It's the mini pumpkin pan from I believe 1991. Makes 4 cakes, they end up being maybe a little bigger than a regular size cupcake, so I was able to make them & have some batter left over for the cupcakes..worked out nicely. Check out the pics!!





Comments on "Gettin in the mood..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

Wow! You have been busy! Here I was feeling a sense of accomplishment for making a dozen cupcakes today and look at your goodies! It is such a fun time of year...it's all about eating and enjoying and what's not to like?

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (10:17 AM) : 

How cute!!! You should be proud, I didn't do anything for halloween!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Wow...I love those cookies...and chocolate iced cookies are so very, very appropriate for Halloween! Too bad I found this in November! I'll have to remember for next year.

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites